Wednesday 2 March 2016

Heated "Iced Hot Chocolate" From Pro Skateboards - A Love Story

Well, what a whirlwind it has been since I published my self-reflection on the Pro Skate incident. You know, the one I covered (in great and embellished detail) just yesterday on this very chunk of online real estate.  Let me tell you something, opening up about being a dumb-dumb has seemed to be a good thing. As was bound to happen, I find myself now a raging inspiration for anyone and everyone who has made an ass of themselves at a food/drink establishment simply by failing masterfully at being a normal human being. Look at me, basically saving lives by promoting social adeptness through the awareness of social ineptness. I'm not much of a public speaker, but yes, I will be available for talks at your university graduation and/or high school assembly. If I can pencil you in.


I guess I really am "the change" the world needs, and that's a big deal, right? Wrong. The real big deal is this coffee my main man just brought through the door. It's from the ladies at Pro Skate, just around the corner from this very living room.  They had heard my story and were so deeply affected, that when Graham ordered my "Iced Hot Chocolate" heated (and by that I mean, when he ordered me a Mochaccino), they felt he must have been mistaken. For all they knew, I took my drinks cold. And decaffeinated. So they left me a note, just to make sure. See?

If that isn't spunk, then I don't know what is. A personalized cup, with a message, just for me. A way for her to say she knows, that I know, that she now knows. It's a dialogue and I love it. A true "day maker". And check out that score! I dedicate it to the "Iced Hot Chocolate" in all of us.


Hey! Help my other writing endeavours (a satirical parenting book written 
from the perspective of a childless woman - me) by following me on Twitter 
and liking my Facebook page. It's all for a book that I have written and 
we want it published. Show me you care, even if you don't:





No comments:

Post a Comment